Open-Future and Reductive Labs are organizing an official Puppet
Master training in Brussels.
This training is ideal for those who want a Puppet jumpstart. Newer
members at an organization already using Puppet, or experienced
sysadmins wanting to bring Puppet into their team will get everything
they need to deploy solutions.
Attendees should have at least the equivalent experience of a junior
Topics covered include:
* Configuring Puppet and Puppetmaster
* Resource Types and the Resource Abstration Layer
* Virtual Resources, Exported Resources and Stored Configs
* Meta-parameters, Dependencies and Events
* Classes, Modules and Definitions
* Tags and Environments
* Puppet Language Patterns and Best Practices
The topics are covered over 3 days. Sessions will mix theory and
practice, balancing lectures with hands-on exercises. (Each student
should bring a WiFi enabled laptop with VMWare installed to
participate in the labs).