Linux New Media AG

[luga] [kclark@superfly.ntlug.org: lug_support: Linux Users Conference]

Hallo alle,

hat jemand Ideen für diese Sache? Dann laßt es die Liste und Kendall Clark
wissen.

lG - Michl

-----Forwarded message from Kendall Clark <kclark@superfly.ntlug.org>-----
All,

I will now tell you one of my Linux dreams for I have many: I'd like to
see a Linux Users Conference or Congress. Like a 3 to 5 day meeting with
speakers, discussion sections, and things that are proposed, voted on, and
issued as resolutions.

To do this I've thought in the past that Linux International should 'make
a bigger place at the table' for the LUGs.

I know thing that we should start something like the International
Association of Linux Users, or something like that, and make the LUGs
worldwide the backbone of this organization.

I think the Linux community should do more organized, solidarity type of
activity.

In other words, the Linux Advocacy HOWTO could serve as the basis of a LUG
worldwide constitution, etc. We could get press and get some (more)
attention for Linux, free software.

Has anyone else thought about something like this? Or think it's worth
purusing?

Best,

	Kendall

--
It is the business of the future to be dangerous.
				- Alfred North Whitehead

-----End of forwarded message-----
--
			  Michael P. Demelbauer
	   WSR (Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaftliches Rechenzentrum)