OCG

Re: What's "gaudy" mode

V.Grabner wrote:

>       -G     Enable gaudy mode.
>                     ^^^^^
>       -g     Disable gaudy mode (default).
>

>Hmm ..., könnte man fast mißverstehen :-), aber was heißt das wirklich ?

Nicht verzagen, Webster fragen:

Webster Definition for "gaudy"

1. gaudy \-e-\ aj : ostentatiously or tastelessly ornamentedDY implies
a tasteless use of overly bright colors or lavish ornamentation; TAWDRY
implies both gaudiness and cheapness of quality; GARISH stresses an
unpleasant brightness; FLASHY implies momentarily brilliant performance
or display that is likely to prove shallow or vulgar; MERETRICIOUS
applies to what is superficially attractive or plausible but lacking
sincerity or sound basis SYN syn TAWDRY, GARISH, FLASHY, MERETRICIOUS:
GAU

2. gau.dy \'go.d-e-, 'ga:d-\ n [prob. fr. L gaudium joy - more at JOY] :
a feast or entertainment esp. in the form of an annual college dinner in
a British university

Die erste Definition wird's wohl sein.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer             | If I were God, or better yet
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR                | Linus, I would ...
__/   | http://wsrx.wsr.ac.at/~hjp/ |        (davidsen@tmr.com)