WSR

Ich geb's ja zu!!!!

...daß es das bei LINUX nie geben würde

In all your funning with NT4 Server, keep the following in mind, from
an NT discussion group:

>At our workplace we have an NT Server running that free MS WEB server we
>downloaded a couple months ago (plus other software).  We also have a
>Unix server used as a dial-out machine for our Internet gateway.  Someone
>noticed UDP packets being generated for the above address by the NT
>Server.  We tracked this for a few days and found that it was only the NT
>Server broadcasting these messages (we also have Windows95, Windows 3.11,
>Mac machines).  The messages are broadcast several times during the day
>but not between 12 AM to 6AM - none of us are deliberately doing this.
>The packets are around 1500 bytes in length.  Nslookup told us the name
>for that IP address is "MICROSOFT.MCAST.NET".

Grüße an Alle
Harald Hackenberg                                Austrian Committee for UNICEF
communication officer                                       Info-Center
e-mail: hackenberg@unicef.or.at                           A-1130 Vienna
ph: +43-1-879 2191- 0 (fax ext: 9)            Hietzinger Hauptstraße 55