Linux New Media AG

2.0.15+ and multiprocessing

---------- Forwarded message from owner-linux-smp-outgoing@vger.rutgers.edu on Wed, 4 Sep 96 23:54 BST -----------
Date: 	Wed, 4 Sep 96 23:54 BST
From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu, linux-smp@vger.rutgers.edu,
Subject: 2.0.15+ and multiprocessing
Sender: owner-linux-smp@vger.rutgers.edu

Having spent some time investigating this I can now categorically say that
the irq.h changes in 2.0.15,16 and 17 are causing inter processor interrupts
to be lost. Why I don't know yet, but to get SMP working with the current
kernels use the include/asm-i386/irq.h from 2.0.14.

Non SMP kernels will generally survive dropping interrupts so this may well
be a more general problem.

   _  | Peter J. Holzer             | If I were God, or better yet
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR                | Linus, I would ...
__/   | http://wsrx.wsr.ac.at/~hjp/ |        (davidsen@tmr.com)