OCG

Windoze Lusers

From: mconst@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Michael Constant)
Subject: Re: MOTD Program
Newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
Date: 2 Aug 1996 06:09:57 -0700

Derick Siddoway <derick@valinor.med.utah.edu> wrote:
>Chris King (chris@csking.demon.co.uk) wrote:
>: [1] Small executable, hulking great VBRUN300.DLL needed to run it :(
>
>And this is different from other Windows programs in what way?

The small executable.

ObRant: people who run Linux because someone said it was cooler
than Windows.  Someone on IRC recently told me he was having trouble
getting Descent to run on his computer, and could I help?  I asked
what operating system he was running.  "I think it's Linux, but it
says Slackware here -- I'm not sure."  [warning bells]  I ask him
how he was trying to run Descent.  "Well, I put the CD in the drive,
and the manual said that if I had Windows95 then the install program
would run automatically; and Linux is better than Windows95, so it
should have worked, right?"
--
          Michael Constant (mconst@soda.csua.berkeley.edu)