From: Kevin Sullivan <csr-kts@gol.com>
Newsgroups: alt.humor.best-of-usenet
Subject: [comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html] Microsoft steals Shareware!
Date: 2 Aug 1996 16:58:53 GMT

Subject: Microsoft steals Shareware!
From: gregor@eskimo.com (Gregory Sumner)
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html, comp.infosystems.www.authoring.images

Here's something interesting.  You'd think the richest company in the
world could afford a Shareware licence, don't you?  Hell, they could
buy the whole company.

Here's what I found when I viewed a copy of their little animated
"click here" button... (ie_anim.gif)

-----
This GIF file was assembled with GIF Construction Set from:

Alchemy Mindworks Inc.
P.O. Box 500
Beeton, Ontario
L0G 1A0
CANADA.

This comment block will not appear in files created with a registered
version of GIF Construction Set
-----

Nice huh?  I think Alchemy Mindworks Inc. should get something out of
this, like at least a "Shareware of Choice with Microsoft Developers!"
or "We're So Good, Microsoft Steals Our Software!"

--
Moderators accept or reject articles based solely on the criteria posted
in the Frequently Asked Questions. Article content is the responsibility